12.28.2010

driftwood market in Palo Alto

driftwood market, el camino & fernando, palo alto
There aren't a whole lot of good sandwich options in Palo Alto, but when I was trying to find new places to go, I heard a lot of good things about Driftwood Market.  I decided to try it out one day when I was in the area, and see what the fuss was about.  Firstly, I was impressed by the friendliness of the people there- I was greeted as soon as I walked in, asked if it was my first time there, and asked if I wanted help making a selection. I admire a sandwich shop that takes pride in their presentation and service!  As for the sandwich, it was very satisfying.  A turkey club is a pretty traditional and comforting sandwich, and this was pretty faultless.  The bacon was perfectly crunchy, and the mayo and sourdough were sweet and sour in a very complimentary way.  There maybe wasn't anything very original about this sandwich, but then that's what I was hoping for so it wasn't a problem.  I'm looking forward to trying out more of their menu soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment