4.09.2010

hard knox cafe - spicy chicken sandwich

Hard Knox Cafe, 22nd & 3rd, San Francisco
It was a beautifully warm and sunny day in SF today, and a fantastic day to eat some southern food in the little park around the corner from Hard Knox Cafe.  I ordered online before biking over to the Dogpatch, and sure enough, my food was ready and hot when I got there.  Els had the garden burger and cabbage, which she'll tell you about later no doubt.  I got the spicy chicken sandwich with a side of red beans and rice.  This was basically the perfect meal to eat outside on a warm day.  The slightly burnt texture of the sweet and hot chicken reminded me of eating at carnivals or street fairs, definitely in a good way.  The sandwich was topped with green peppers and grilled onions, and I thought it was nearly perfect.  Not too small, not to big, not too heavy, just light and really flavorful.  The red beans and rice were good, too.  I'd also like to mention that you can get packets of Crystal hot sauce with your order, which is awesome!  This was my first visit to Hard Knox, but I'm looking forward to going back soon.

1 comment:

  1. man... that looks really good! we need to trade places for a while to taste all the sandwiches we've been missing in LA and SF, respectively...

    ReplyDelete