8.07.2009

sucka free city and Ike's Place

I'm about to embark on a journey to the 'sco, and was trying to do a little bit of research into sandwich joints I haven't tried yet before I set off. Fortunately for me, this link was on the front page of a popular link-ranking webpage (cuz everyone loves sandwiches!). I'm proud to see that the Mission/Castro's (wait what neighborhood is that exactly?) Ike's Place made #6 on the list for their Doomsday sandwich! Awesome! I've been thinking lately about taking more risks in my sandwich eating ways, and Ike's Place is definitely a good place to find some more adventurous sandwiches. A variation on the #1 sandwich on the list- a Pittsburgh sandwich that features coleslaw and french fries among the ingredients- can apparently be found at Giordanno's on Columbus, according to this excellent SF sandwich guide. I don't usually go to that part of town, but I'm intrigued. Also mentioned on that website, and intriguing as well, is Little Piglet Cafe, which I think I'm going to have to try. Finally, check out this goofy youtube ad for Ike's that is featured in the Divine Caroline article!:

No comments:

Post a Comment