4.16.2009

corned beef reuben

sherman's deli, tahquitz way & calle encilia, palm springs
anyone going to coachella this weekend? if you are going to be in the area and are a lover of sandwiches, I humbly suggest stopping by this deli. man oh man was this a tasty reuben. its kind of a weakness of mine that I always try the reuben when I go to a new deli- i'm sure i'm missing out on all kinds of great sandwiches- but I can't help it. and it in this instance, I don't regret it at all, because this was easily the best sandwich I've had in awhile. even though it was a monday afternoon, this restaurant was packed. and once JoJoJoJo and I were seated, we were confronted with what i'm now starting to suspect is a standard of good jewish delis- a menu with dozens of items available. and yet despite the crowd and the plethora of options, this sandwich arrived promptly and pipping hot. I'm not actually sure whether or not there was any russian dressing on this- if there was it was used sparingly- but it didn't really matter because the corned beef was so moist and delicious. the sandwich was so good that I didn't even eat a single cottage fry before I had eaten the whole thing.

2 comments: