3.26.2009

the cheeseburger of my dreams

st francis diner, 24th & york, san francisco
as I mentioned in the last post, my inability to obtain a cheeseburger had been haunting both my dreams and my waking life. the first time I tried to go to St Francis, I was thwarted by their winter hours, and so this time I made sure to call ahead. I was heading out even later than I had the last time, because I had forgotten my keys at a friends house the night before, and didn't want to leave the house as I would be locked out. so I waited all day in my (foodless) house for my roommate to get home, finally heading out for the first meal of the day around seven. so yeah, I was pretty much starving by the time I got to the diner. usually I try to take a bunch of pictures of my meal so that I can pick the best one, but this time I only managed to snap a few before devouring the burger. and devour I did- this was exactly the cheeseburger I wanted. it came with everything, and was grilled perfectly. sometimes I prefer American cheese to cheddar, since cheddar doesn't melt as well, but this cheese was practically dripping off the patty. I think the burger lasted all of about a minute and a half, and the fries not that longer.

12 comments:

  1. Yuuuuuuuuuuum - that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that looks delicious and like it would give you a heart attack...perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious, delicious cheeseburger. This picture makes me envious for greased up goodness that is contained within a juicy cooked burger patty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn, that burger looks great! my mouth is watering. I hate like hell being on a diet AND being gluten-free. trust me, gluten-free buns don't taste anything like the soft buns at delis, diners and dives. Vikki at www.survival-cooking.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! That burger looks good! More please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a killer bacon cheeseburger the other day at Rico's in downtown Oakland at 15th & Franklin. It was perfectly cooked & perfectly tasty. & it came with tater tots, but not just ANY tater tots - these were the idea of tater tots made real - crispy, crunchy, tater tot goodness. Mmmmm. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quit going to St Francis. The people in there were mean. Not once but almost every time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That sure looks like a tasty burger. Enough to make you jump on the next plane. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...the perfect burger! The melted cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes really does it for me and those fries looks great too. I was making sub sandwiches for supper, now I might have to make a run to the grocery store and make burgers tonight.

    ReplyDelete